... now that we're 6 weeks into the season. I missed a bobcat at 36 yards on Thursday afternoon. When I retrieved the arrow I remember thinking it was further right than I thought I shot. It was. It nagged me but I was rifle hunting Fri and Sat so today was the first time I could check. I never practice with my broadheads. Maybe this was the problem. I also never practice with my quiver attached. So today I shot arrows with broadheads and quiver and sure enough I'm a good 6" to the right. Then I shot some field points just to make sure something hadn't happened to my sights. Field points go right where I tell them to and the broadheads go 6" to the right. Btw I have only 1 bow kill, that was the year before last. Range was 26 yards and I remember feeling lucky because I hit way farther back than where I thought I was aiming but the deer ran 75 yards and fell down dead. I think that deer was gut shot but died quickly anyway.

So, now, what do I do? I have always been happy with my sights and have never touched them but that was based on arrow performance with field tips. Is there an adjustment I can make to the arrow, to the broadhead? Is this a sight issue, tuning? Surely the quiver being attached has no bearing on it? Shouldn't any arrow with any tip go where I tell it to?

Depending on which side of the deer is facing me, the way it is now, unless I compensate I'll either hit a shoulder plate or get a gut shot. I'm just glad I discovered this issue based on a shot at a bobcat and not something a whole lot better.

What do I do?