Originally Posted By: 300Ruger
Originally Posted By: Irishguy
I remember the first time I saw cable television at my girlfriends house in Hoover. It was a rerun of Wild Wild West on wwor out of New York. I thought it was cool to be able to see television like that, because I remember most stations going off at about 10:00pm, and we only had like 3 stations at the time.

I remember when the Finch family down the street got the first microwave in the neighborhood. It was an Amana Radar Range, and my buddy Raleigh called me on our old rotary dial phone to come down and see it. I remember he scrambled an egg in a custard cup and put it in there. It had a round window in the front like a porthole in a ship and a metal lever that you had to latch down before you could turn the thing on. He did that , and turned the knob for about 1:30 minutes and we both looked inside in amazement at the egg rising in the cup.

I remember riding our bikes down to the 5 & 10 in "downtown" Cahaba Heights and cashing in coke bottles so we could buy candy cigarettes and apple beer.

I remember Saturday night wresting at Boutwell Auditorium and Sterling Brewer on TV. Tojo Yamamoto as the villian.

I remember when McDonalds used to make their french fries fresh and you could see them at the Roebuck McDonalds cutting up the potatoes into fries in the big potato press.

I remember meeting George Wallace on a school field trip to Montgomery to the capitol. We walked into his office and his high backed chair turned around and he was in it. Surprised the hell out of me, because I was right there.

I remember crusing around Eastwood mall in my 1966 Mustang Fastback GT. I remember street racing guys in Center Point in my 1971 Olds 442.

I remember Pat Gray on the News.

I voted for Ronald Reagan in my first presidential election.

I remember Alabama losing to Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl and going out on my front porch and just crying out of frustration.

I remember going on a Christian retreat in Panama City and Richard Todd was one of the boys councilors there. He was going to play for the New York Jets the next season and he would go out running on the beach early every morning. Once us boys figured that out, we were all up at the crack of dawn to go running with him.

I remember my first 8 track tape. It was Foreigner. My second one was Foghat.

I remember when I was about 7 years old and I got a Schwinn Sting Ray bike with a Banana seat on it, and I thought I was the baddest sumbeech on the block.

How old am I?

Pat Gray gave it away. You're close to my age. I'm, gonna guess 51.