the bird plot at my grandma's old place has been attracting birds and prey. the game camera has caught possum, raccoon, feral cat, dogs, coyote, fox and armadillos entering and exiting the field. saturday night i set up three cage traps. sunday, i had a nice size raccoon and a possum thumbup . the third trap was void of the kippered fillets - a thief was on the loose cry .

i am hoping to trap a big, black coyote that i have on camera in my yard laugh . called austin last friday to see if he could stop by after class monday and set up two or three traps for me. i checked the traps this morning and the first one was empty. drats!!

second trap was behind the woodworking shed. at first glance, i thought i had a red fox curled up sleeping. it raised a leg, ever so slowly and i just knew it was a fox that had been attacked by a coyote while it was trapped crazy . i got out of the truck to see how bad the fox was tore up. couple of steps past the shed and the fox turned out to be a young deer caught in the trap shocked.

i called the trapper for the state lands in our area and it was his off day. he told me how to remove the deer from the trap and i got a neighbor to help me. we released the little one and it ran to the woods behind the farm. second trap in the gulley produced a fox that i believe to be the bait stealer.