Looking at going in for a climber. But, I have to have open shot because I shoot a 62" recurve. Also, no bar that comes in and out because I don't want to have to deal with it. I'm deciding between the 2 in the thread title and wanted to know who had experience using both or just one and is just a huge fan of one over the other.

My experience with climbers has been the Viper and that's it. My question is whether or not there is any real advantage to one over the other. For example, is one more comfortable than the other or is one easier to get hung around a tree than the other. I know those cables on the Viper I used were really tough to pry out with frozen/numb hands.

My guess is that its just a matter of preference on brand because they are so basic, but I also haven't ever used one.

I'm love lock on stands, but with the bumper acorn crop this year its tough to judge where to hunt. Every spot has acorns and every spot has feeding sign. We have stands in a lot of those places but want to be able to move around if I see something that peeks my interest say after a morning hunt.

Last edited by Recurve; 10/25/16 03:10 AM.

I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There�s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts. � Ronald Reagan