Originally Posted By: Okatuppa
No sweat for a 2 series bush hog. Mine has dual tail wheels. I like to work in reverse and use them like accumulating arms on a tree cutter. If it goes between those arms, it gets mulched. Plus it keeps all the brush off the tractor. As a side note, if you're going to be running over stuff like that on that 5075e, you need to fab up a cover for the MFWD actuator. If you don't want to make one, you can buy one online.

And watch that PLASTIC fuel tank.

Thanks for that advice. I had not really considered how easily it could be damaged. I've been way more concerned with the hyd hoses at the center station. Scared to death I'm gonna catch all 4 lines on something and rip them out. I've thought of making a guard outa PVC sewer pipe and running them thru it. I try to compensate by always keeping the left side of the tractor against the brush.

Bush Hog has a stump jumper on it and I haven't had a stump to hurt it yet. Believe me, it has ridden over some tough ones. Slip clutch has gotten a lot of work the past month. I've got 2 other Selma made Bush hogs that are retired. One is a drag type from the 50s that will still run. The other is a 305 from the 70s that I pretty much destroyed. The gear box completely broke off the frame. It could be welded back, but a project for later. Gotta use this dry weather to finish up in the wet spots. I've gotten into places that are normally too wet to think of taking a tractor. Good cutting to all.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.