I started with the Lee anniversary kit. It’s been fine for me but I’ll admit, if I had the money when I started I would have gone with the RCBS Rock Chucker. Aside from the stuff you’ll get in the kit, you’ll need/want these things to get started:

Have to haves:
Reloading manual(s) – load data can be found online, the manual has other valuable information.
Dies for each caliber

REALLY helpful:
Reloading blocks
Powder trickler
Calipers

In my opinion, the rest other things are good to have but not really necessary when you’re just getting started. If you find you like reloading and it’s something you want to continue with, I’d look into getting the stuff you need to fine tune your loads and the pricy convenience items like the chargemaster.

For powder and primers, I like Midsouthshooterssupply.com; they’re located in Clarksville, TN and are super helpful people. I’ve got a buddy that goes to Shooters Warehouse in Cullman and has good things to say about them.

For brass, if you don’t mind once fired, check out castboolits.gunloads.com. It’s a forum for bullet casters but it has a “Swappin & Sellin” section where people are always selling brass. There are some really good deals on there. You can also find some pretty good deals on cast bullets for your .45 on there. For jacketed bullets, I usually wait for sales at midway, Cabela’s, BPS, etc.

Last edited by willfish4food; 09/15/16 09:29 AM.