I used to gun hunt only.. Nobody in my family hunts, and this guy that worked for my dad (pat) years ago took me along when I was 13 and I've been hooked since. Pat hunted the TNF next to oakamulgee and it got to the point that when he went, so did I. Guess you could say he was my mentor. Anyways, through a lot of trial and error (and miles of walking) I got to the point that I started seeing deer pretty regular... And that turned into killing deer! The more time I spent in the woods, the closer I was getting to these deer.

Fast forward to 2 seasons ago.. My dad bought some property on pine mt in remlap. I went scouted, found a hot acorn tree and kicked out a spot against a tree so I could hunt it. I Slipped in the next morning, and killed a fat nanny at about 15-20 yards. There was 5 sets of eyes that morning and they were clueless to me sitting against that tree. I bought a stand and put out and watched deer all year long, but didn't squeeze the trigger again. I was proud of the deer as that was the first deer off of dirt I can call my own but something was missing, like it was almost too easy. Me and my ole 30-30 have spilled alot of blood over the years but I wanted to add more challenge to it.

Last season I decided to try bow hunting... I was seeing deer regularly and had several close encounters. I had my first "wall hanger" come in on me at last shooting light one evening, only to have 2 does bust me at under 10 yards (had no clue they had slipped in on me) but the patience and long days finally paid off. I had a good doe come in and to her misfortune, she came home with me! My adrenaline was pumping so hard that I about fell outta the stand.. The thrill was back!! now I can't wait to get back in the woods this season. Every trip out is a lesson learned and I'm confident going into this year that me and my bow are gonna paint a lot dirt red

Roads? Where we're going, we dont need roads. ~Doc brown