I was young and stupid (now I'm just old and stupid) and hunted pigs in a spot on the Tombigbee River where two big creeks run out into the river. That and a couple three four oxbow lakes make a really interesting and probly a little dangerous kind of place if you're not careful. It's real low in elevation and floods in the spring so it looks a lot like a sure enough swamp even though most of it is bottomland hardwoods.

I can't get enough. I'm out there hunting and on about day number four or five the pigs have figured out the white boys are all out there trying to get em. They have either hightailed it or found a place to hide. I've done this before so I kind of know a thing or two about how to get the drop on em.

The ones that didn't want to leave retreat onto the islands in the lakes. The lakes are at least ten feet deep but about 90% of them have a vegetation mat that makes the water come up to your belly button or so. If you move very slowly and very consistently you could stay on top of that mat and move around okay. We would slip out in the lake, dope the wind and come in to the islands with it in our face.

I'm working toward two islands wondering if i can get through number one without my smells wafting over to number two. I'm enjoying the gorgeous little yellow flowers in the water when I hear "cheep cheep cheep". I'm looking for birds thinking ya'll are dumb - this place is full of alligators and they'll eat you. I sneak closer cause it's sort of on the way and don't see any birds but keep hearing it. When I get to the flowers - mind you I'm moving so slowly that I'm not making the water move, the pigs are not dumb and waves will be noticed in this place - there are no birds but there are a tone of little alligators floating around in the flowers. This a really pretty sight. I'm stoopid, already mentioned that, so I just have to see if I can catch one cause they all can see me and aren't really letting me get close enough to grab.

Whoever is happy will make others happy too. Anne Frank