Originally Posted By: N2TRKYS
Originally Posted By: bigt
Originally Posted By: bigt
Originally Posted By: Atoler
Originally Posted By: Atoler
This site is also, the only place I've heard people complaining, outside of one family I know. That family happens to be made up of 3 people that kill 30-40 deer a year, and more than their share of bucks.

Any changes in regs will be bitched about. I'm sure we could pull up archives of half the members complaining about the buck limit. Now that everyone is used to it, they'd all bitch if the cab suggested taking it away. People would bitch about the state implementing zones, then bitch about reducing deer numbers in their area. They'd bitch about going to two does per day free for all, then bitch when it was reduced to one a day.

Ah, the 3 buck rule. Put in place to protect and improve the older age class buck structure. So, what do they do? Add 10 more days to the season. The biological reason for it? Because Chuck wanted the Game Check. Trying to say you need "more data" to better manage the resource is smoke and mirrors. It will be used to carry out agendas not for the overall management of the herd. I hope I'm wrong, but it's not looking likely.

How well they will use the information, is an unknown. The fact remains that neither you, nor I would manage a hunting club without keeping a kill log.

I wouldn't. That number is irrelevant to me without having an idea of how many I'm starting with. I perfer to manage based on live deer.

That interesting since just about every hunting club I know of keeps a kill log....

Yep and they're managing in the past, if they even use it for their management decisions. Why wait to make a change, if there's a problem, after the season when you "crunch the numbers?" Most of the clubs I know that keep kill logs just use them to get members for the next season not for management purposes.

We keep a kill log because our biologists requires it.......has nothing to do with getting new members, but I guess that could be the case with some clubs.

The same one that was telling y'all to kill more does?

Yep that would be him....

Life is too short to be small !!

http://crshuntingclub.webs.com/