Non of this matters until Jimmy Sexton's neighbor weighs in. You KNOW this!

Originally Posted By: hunterbuck
Originally Posted By: CNC
I wouldn't put it past Saban to just be messing with the other team and making them think that they don't need to scheme against a duel threat QB. I find it odd of him to tip his hand at all....but it may actually be down to those two. Seems a little odd that everyone says that Barnett hasn't done anything to look deserving of the job but he's somehow ahead of Hurts. I wouldn't be surprise to see Hurts early in the game or possibly coming out of half time. Coaches love to come out with new wrinkles after halftime.

What in Saban's past would make you think he's not being truthful about who the starting and backup qb's are? He's always been pretty straightforward, as I remember.

As for Barnett....the thing is that "everyone" isn't at regular practices. Even the credentialed media only get about a 5-10 minute viewing opportunity during warmups at practice, then they're ushered out. Our fanbase puts WAY too much emphasis on things like A-day, and REC scrimmages. Saban ain't showing anyone a damn thing in situations like that, because he knows it will be plastered all over the internet as it happens, or quickly thereafter. The decisions are made based on what happens during the real practices....not controlled, semi-private scrimmages.

As I posted in the other "Looks like it's Hurts" thread you started....folks need to pump the brakes on him. He's very talented, but he's still a freshman who is operating with a limited playbook and occasionally struggles to get the offense lined up correctly and make reads....you know, the stuff that drives Saban up the wall, but you don't see that in scripted, controlled scrimmages. I have zero doubts that he will start at qb one day, but he's just not there yet mentally. It will come, though. He's learning fast.

And Bateman can't throw it over 20 yards? That's just crazy talk.