Originally Posted By: AU7MM08
Miatas are awesome cars.
Have you done any autocrossing with yours yet?

Yep... They are overlooked by some "car guys" but they are about the most fun you can have on 4 wheels. I've had 9 of them now if you include my older son's father and son project car that he totaled, if you include one that I bought Mrs. Irish, and a few fixer uppers I bought to recondition and flip.

My favorite was a 1993 that I bought from a guy at work with a leaky soft top, a hard top and a paint job that looked like pepto bismol. I took it off his hands for $1000.

I sold the hard top for $1000 on craigslist the next week after I figured out that the roof drains were stopped up and that's why the top was leaking, then I wet sanded and buffed the single stage paint out to a beautiful red. I then found a used turbocharger and built a custom intercooler turbo setup with an RX-7 intercooler, custom piping, Mustang injectors, high pressure fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. When I finished she was pushing 200rwhp on premium pump gas after I got her all tuned up.

I added beefier sway bars, sticky Yokohamas on some light weight wheels, and Koni shocks on some custom adjustable coilovers I pieced together.

After that she was pretty dangerous in SM2 class in autocross. Me and her took a couple of firsts in our class.

That car would fly and grip the road like a cat on carpet.

Last edited by Irishguy; 08/28/16 12:38 PM.