I don't understand why 10-10-10 would "score" well when you don't need a balanced blend. You need roughly the same amount of N and K per acre and roughly 1/2 as much P.

If you can find a 20-5-20 blend but that would be about an ideal fertilizer for your application. It would take 10 bags per acre to get your N & K correct and that would leave you short on P but.... You could put out one bag of triple super phosphate per with the 20-5-20 and be real close to dead on, on all three nutrients.

Remember that the numbers recommended are pounds per acre of the nutrient and the numbers on a bag of fertilizer are the pounds of actual nutrient per 100 pounds of product, NOT pounds per bag.

To get 100 lbs of N and K to the acre using 10-10-10 you'd have to put out 1000 lbs per acre. That would be absurd.

I'm guessing this is for a food plot? If so, don't over complicate it, it's not rocket surgery.

Last edited by FurFlyin; 08/27/16 07:27 AM.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14