Originally Posted By: Clem
Quote:
Most people who have done nothing wrong will gladly show their bag or cooler off when they don't have to.

It's not merely a GW's request because he wants to. It's in the Code of Alabama that if he asks then you must show.

Complain, debate, don't show him or whatever. But when you decline to open your livewell while out on the lake fishing or don't offer your game bag/vest/cooler when you're in the field hunting doves or coons or frogs, it ain't going to end well for you.

I do see a debate in this though. Think about it this way, you must consent to a breath test if ordered to, which is considered a form of search, because when you drive on a public road, which is a privilege granted to you by the state, you have consented to this search. It is called the Implied Consent Law. On the other hand, when you hunt, which is a Right granted by the State Constitution, you are also agreeing to a form of search. There is a big difference between a right and a privilege.

While I'm glad it is this way for the sake of enforcement, I could see some issues if the right person were to start challenging it.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.