Well I got the newest update on the summer plots.Rain has been plentiful and the north plot is doing great.

[img:center][/img]

Corn/bean field in foreground, no pic but the beans are around 6 feet high and over the corn now.

I am really looking forward to seeing what impact these 6 acres are going to have on this years hunting.This area has always been used as an east/west travel corridor at night but was wide open field so not much in the day. If things go well even after dry down I hope there will be a enough cover to get them crossing more in daylight.

I really thought I had badly overseeded this field but it looks like it turned out about right with 75 lbs/ac of pretty evenly mixed Sun Hemp, Peas, Sorghum, Buckwheat and Sunflowers.It may have been a little heavy if the Sunflowers had not disappeared. I thought I might have had bad seed but did a germination test and it was over 90%.Its a real mystery because there is not a one in the field and my buddy never saw the tracks in the field that would have been there if deer ate them all. Maybe birds, who knows.