Originally Posted By: Claims Rep.
Originally Posted By: OcToBeRDrEaMiN67
When I was 15 I killed my first deer[4 point]on T.N.f.My dad had let me go down this dirt road I liked to hunt on and carry a friend with me.Dog hunters were running deer that morning and mine had slipped out the back of the run.The first time I shot I was on legal land.I had never seen a deer killed so I had no Idea he was gonna die or not.I chased that deer through the woods and was shooting every 50 yards or so.I was loaded 000 buck,punkin ball,000,punkin ball and so forth.I shot a total of 12 times reloading of course.The deer finally died in front of me.He was actually trying to die long before that but I had no idea.After all of the shooting my buddy and especially me were so excited that we started dragging back to the road and we ran into a guy dressed in what I assumed was a guy in army fatigues.He saw how ecstatic I was and told me if I didn't calm down I was gonna have a heart attack dragging that deer.So he grabbed a leg and helped drag.When we got him back to the truck the other hunters were not there yet so he shook my hand and congratulated me and left.The next time we were there we were camping and hunting for a few days.He stopped by and talked to my dad.Come to find out he was a warden[I had never even heard the word game warden] and he told my dad that I had shot the deer on legal land and dragged it off of posted land and he had watched the whole thing start to finish.He said he couldn't find it in himself to say anything to me that day but that my dad needed to make sure I knew where the property boundaries were and educate me as to their whereabouts.The dog hunters had come up during the drag and said that they had shot the deer first and he simply said I don't believe so you guys are looking for another deer and they went on their way.I remember thinking "wow that was quick" but was so excited that I never gave it a second thought.Looking back now thumbupthank you Mr.Game warden whoever you were because after that day deer hunting became much more than a hobby it is my way of life.

Great story! Nice to see how that warden handled that too. Thanks for sharing.

X2