Originally Posted By: Yelp softly
Originally Posted By: 2Dogs
Originally Posted By: Yelp softly
2dogs has given an actual answer with regards to the original question. Props to you, sir. 2 cameras facing opposite directions is a concept I never considered. I still don't like the concept of placing them and collecting them so close to "prime time".

Prime time is when you want to be in the woods the most. I normally take 3 weeks vacation and hunt most every day. I wanta know where they are when I'm there. I don't wanta be running all over the place stinking it up checking cams during rut, it's time to kill! Does me no good to have a monster patterned and standing under my tree if I'm not there.

Why don't you like my idea of letting them run 3 weeks then pulling them at "prime time" ?

That strategy makes perfectly logical sense in the fact that you are looking for current info that will be applicable to when you plan to hunt. I get it. I just never considered using them leading up to the rut. I've always tried to let my best stand locations rest leading up to the rut. It sounds like you might have better results than I have. I may need to give it a try.

Just kill your big deer during bow season. That way you won't have to worry with the rut. laugh

83% of all statistics are made up.