Originally Posted By: Turkey_neck
Hey CNC have you heard of holganix?

I watched a video of one of their spokesman doing a presentation and it sounds like to me they are selling something to basically “inoculate” your soil with microbial activity. It’s a big missing link in many fields that have been tilled for years. The soil just becomes a sterile medium with little life after a while. How much it will help or whether you should use this product?.....I really don’t know enough about it to say. I will say that one of the reasons folks recommend using chicken litter is the fact that it is teeming with microbial activity and helps reintroduce that aspect to your soil. That seems to be similar to what the Holganix product is doing. Once you go no-till for several years, then your microbial community should be able to be taken care of through your management practices instead of through applying them from a bag. A lot of what were doing with feeding biomass to the soil is in turn feeding this microbial community and creating a hospitable environment for them to live in.

Last edited by CNC; 07/12/16 03:00 AM.

We dont rent pigs