Originally Posted By: ronfromramer
There are some things that everyone will never agree on. Apparently season length is one of them.
I hunt a lot more than most folks since I'm retired and live very close to where I hunt. I've been deer hunting for close to 60 years and still enjoy it as much as I ever have. The whole process is a year round thing with me and it's pretty much what I do. I also like to fish and also do that all year. I have a pond at my house and 4 more on my leases all within 3 miles.
I deer hunt almost every day during the season, see deer most every time I go, including some pretty good bucks, but rarely kill a deer.
Most years I kill one or 2 does and if I see a special buck, over 130, I might shoot it or I might not.
I enjoy the days I don't kill anything just as much as the days I do. I didn't get to this point overnight, but I'm glad I did

You probably got to this point by killing a huge amount of deer over a huge number of years, right? Problem is a lot of older guys in your shoes want everyone to trophy hunt just like they do, but younger guys may not be to that point yet, or even want to kill their first deer.