Originally Posted By: crenshawco
It's not how fast you mow, it's how well you mow fast

Awesome, well played.
Originally Posted By: Yelp softly
I have zero experience on a zero turn. I know they go fast, but I would think it still depends on how bumpy the ground is. If it is bumpy, I don't care how fast the machine goes, you won't be flying through it. I too, would look at a large finishing mower. A zero turn is good for one thing, cutting grass. A tractor will do much more with the right implements but may take a little longer to cut grass.

Let me get this straight, you talked to 2 different tractor guys who both pointed you in the direction of a zero turn? Boy, those are some good tractor salesmen.

This is what I originally wanted and believe is the best option; just figured it best to ask those with experience and no sales stake in the game. I've found a couple of Kubota L2900s and a similar JD that each had less than 500 hours, power steering, 4wd and a front end loader. All in the $13k range one was manual and one hydostatic. Will also need to buy a 5 or 6 foot rotary cutter or finish mower.

I have a riding mower for around the house. Thanks for the advice y'all! Let me know if you have a smokin deal on a tractor, implements, or a 16-18ft trailer.