Originally Posted By: blahblahblah
I mentioned teaweed, but doubted myself.

It seems to have some positives and negatives. It’s apparently very aggressive and hard to get rid of. If I were someone who liked to plant “crops” in the summer time and planned on doing that in the future….then this teaweed would likely be a nuisance to that effort and not something you want to get started. However, I’m not the least bit concerned about being able to plant beans, corn, etc……As you see, I’m going in a different direction.

The fact that teaweed is so persistent and tough is a plus for me. I’m in a high deer density area and need something that can withstand the browsing. Not to mention that the nutritional benefits of this stuff is off the charts compared to most everything else. It’s better than cowpeas….better than alfalfa….and even more nutritionally valuable than soybeans in some respects. It says that it has a very deep growing tap root and that the plant is very high in calcium and phosphorus. Beyond benefiting the deer….this also tells me that this plant is a deep nutrient recycler. One possible downside that I can see is that with it being so woody….it may be a pain in the arse to bushhog if it gets too big. The way it’s being browsed right now at my place, I don’t think getting too big will be much of an issue. We'll see.

We dont rent pigs