Originally Posted By: Deadwood
Originally Posted By: timbercruiser
A good friend of mine is building a Holiday Inn on Panama City Beach now. He said even tho they are pouring 400 to 500 yards a week the concrete is $110 a yard.

I'm not sure where they bid their concrete from, but I do know that Ms. Julie Hilton, widow of the late Charles Hilton, owns the existing Holiday inn Sunspree on the beach and also owns or has interest in GAC Construction. They also own one of the biggest concrete plants around here and it is just outside the window of GAC construction on Hwy 231 in Panama City.

It might be an overpricing for tax purposes from GAC, or that might be a legitimate bid price from somebody else. Just a thought that popped into my head. This is all just pure speculation on my part.

No offense intended to your friend, Timbercruiser.

Mr. Charles Hilton is very much alive. He is in poor health, but he tries to go to the office a few hours a week. They do not own a concrete company, the GAC company has an asphalt company. They are buying the concrete. I have known Mr. Hilton for 20 or so years, I do timber work on his land near my house.