Originally Posted By: Wade
Looks pretty good to me. The bright white caps are honey and the tan is brood. I would put another super on and let them put up as much honey as possible for the winter. Looks like the swarm recovery work is going to be worth it.

Solid advice.

I don't know how far south you are but if the Chinese Tallow trees aren't bloomed out try to find a bunch and move the hive to them. They produce a lot of nectar and you can get a super or two of comb drawn out.

That first frame pictured, where the bees drew the comb "wonky" needs fixing or culling, but I wouldn't do that until next year.

Comb like that is hard to manage. It's a good place for swarm cells and queens to hide. It took me several years to learn this but I don't let not perfect comb stay in the hive very long. It causes problems.

Also, those look like straight bred Italian bees although there's no good way to know for sure. Watch the amount of honey in the hive closely this summer and fall. They'll raise brood until the have nothing left in the hive to eat. You'll want to give them 1:1 sugar water when there is no natural nectar coming in.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14