Originally Posted By: Irishguy
You'll notice a few things changed about the plans over the course of the build so far.

1. I deleted quite a few windows for two reasons. They are pretty expensive and it was going to make it difficult to place furniture inside with so many windows. My wife wanted some fancy windows until the window places came back with prices in the $5600 to $7600 range for 13 windows! We ended up going back to my plan "A" which was to go to Lowe's and buy the cheap, insulated, vinyl windows.

2. I realized that I had room to make the decks wider from 8'-0" to 10'-0". Glad I did that.

3. I changed the size and the layout of the entrance at the last minute and we enlarged it and framed the stairs coming off at 90 degrees. This made the star landing at the bottom much more practical.

I heard an old man say he fussed at his wife for putting windows in the house. He asked her why would anyone want to cut a hole in a house for a window when the first thing they will do after moving in was to cover the darn things up. Made sense to me.