I did this 2 years ago and found it interesting, so would love to do it again. Last time results were:
74 turkey hunters killed 214 birds in Alabama and saw an additional 164 die in Alabama
These 74 people generated 17 limits for 22% of the hunters killing a limit
However, only 64 people actually killed so that is 27% of the successful hunters killed a limit.
Total numbers is 2.9 birds per hunter and 3.3 birds killed per successful hunter.
An additional 2.2 birds per hunter were seen killed.

I would love to know what the average kill per "interested" turkey hunter is in Alabama. That would be an interesting and meaningful number. Anyone opening the thread titled "true turkey kill totals" is an interested and qualified hunter. Here is what I am asking for.

Please post what YOU killed in Alabama (and ONLY Alabama) and, separately, any others you SAW die, again IN Alabama. Please post ONLY ONCE in this thread since I want to use the total posts and divide the total kills by that number to see average kills per hunter. If you have a comment or story , please post in another thread. If you are reading this, hunted, but killed 0, please post that also!! Every turkey hunter posting this has had a 0 year and it will make the analysis relevant. Thanks!

I'll start:
Me 5
saw 6 more die

running total 11

Last edited by gobbler; 04/30/16 02:00 PM.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine