Originally Posted By: N2TRKYS
Originally Posted By: Rebelman

Originally Posted By: abolt300
Not also that your lease will include an automatic 5% increase clause each and every year with Westervelt. They have some very good properties but with annual increases, once you keep that property for 5 years and invest the time and money into establishing a good herd and nice place, you'll be paying $15/acre that 5th year. Compounding effect catches up with you quick if you try to do something long term. Keep it for 10 yrs and it will have almost doubled in price to $19.03/acre.

So what. You can bet inflation will be around 3%, annually. So you are paying a premium of 2% for a recreational property. I bet those homes on the gulf coast increase the same 5% or more each year.

How many of those homes in your example are next to public free housing? Cause that property is next to public land.

You mean like the State Parks in Gulf Shores, the public beaches, or the Gulf of Mexico?

I'm just saying that all goods and services are going to increase in time due to inflation. 'Luxury' goods and services typically increase more than inflation.

As a hunter, I don't like it any more than anyone else on here. It is just the fact.