Originally Posted By: mw2015
Originally Posted By: Rebelman

Originally Posted By: JRF
IBut it's hard to tell a guy he can't hunt a area because roads are wet.

It is easy to tell someone they have to walk. If they kill a deer, then take a four wheeler or whatever to it.

Not picking on you or anyone in particular. Only saying that is how we do it on private land. I have seen fresh graded roads ruined because of hunters coming in and rutting them from the gate to the property line only because they paid their dues so they are going to use them roads, hell or high water.

You will never satisfy everyone. Some roads get trashed using trucks instead of 4 wheelers or side by sides. So do u not let people use trucks? Some folks can't afford a 4 wheeler. If you're paying for a club or lease the timber company should ensure roads are accessible not perfect. However, I don't buy that timber company profits go out the windows by maintaining a basic roadway that is passable. My experience is that lease roads get trashed from logging trucks and equipment but that usually gets fixed by lessor or their agent who caused road damage not the lessee. I wouldn't expect to have a timber company fix a road that I trashed. If logging trucks trash it, they better pay to fix it. I'm not paying overpriced lease rates with no guarantees of game or to not be guaranteed reasonable access to the property.

To be frank, I'm contemplating not leasing any property in AL this year because I don't feel the lease rates are worthy of what u get. I don't feel the companies support lessees by providing enough information about properties beforehand or a realistic idea of what game is present. After being in a club last year where ten members didn't see a single deer, I'm cautious about dropping thousands of dollars in a lease or hunting club again. When ten members don't see a single deer all season on the same property, the problem is the land not ten people. That hunting club property is available for lease but with no sightings of deer or turkey last season, I honestly can't risk dropping almost $1700 on leasing it to hope the hunting is better next year. I truly have become disillusioned with hunting leases and feel that those who lease hunting properties only care about getting their payment. I don't believe they care about satisfied lessees because they can get someone else to lease a property if current lessee leaves. Someone is lined up so if you won't pay someone else will. It's all about companies and their agents getting their money and not educating and working with a lessee to ensure they make a good decision and are satisfied with their leased hunting property. I just can't justify dropping a couple of grand on land lease then have to pay another 40-50% for food plots, fertilizer, lime, license, etc and not see a single deer.
Couldn't of said it better myself