Originally Posted By: muzziehead
I lost two deer this year with my Slick Tricks, thus the reason for the change. Both were what I would consider boiler room hits and produced plenty of blood but from some reason I never recovered either deer. The one deer that did recover ran almost 500 yards and it was a damn near perfect hit.

We shall see. I should get to practice up on a few hogs between now and next season with the Rages.

I have never herd of a deer shot in the boiler room go 500 yards. I have had subpar shots with slicks and the deer still die within 100 yds. A deer shot through both lungs aint going 500 yards. I don't care if you shot them with a field point.

Not to mention you are one of the few people I have ever heard saying anything negative about a slick. I have got friends that used to shoot big mechanicals to convert to tricks and they never looked back and never had any issue.

Shoot whatever is going to give you more confidence. I will tell you this though, if you are looking at the rages you will find a heck of a lot more bad things said about them than tricks or muzzy's.