Originally Posted By: 2Dogs
Originally Posted By: M48scout
Mike - what are your total numbers for the year and for the state of Alabama alone?

Mike , what's the final tally ?

First I want to thank all the great sportspersons of Alabama for their support and friendship,
I made a lot of life time friends in the short two seasons I've been tracking in bama,I am amazed at all the offers of dinner and most surprising the offers to let me stay at there homes and camps,Really renewed my belief in the my conceived opinion of hunters,you guys,gals and children are what make this country great,My wife and I thank you for all the memorable memories we are taking home with us and can't wait to return next year to renew friendships and recover deer which is a passion.
We had a fantastic season here are the numbers.
We went on 218 tracks!
142 deer on the tail gate.
59 of those recoveries were still alive,but mortally wounded,had to be chased and bayed..
29 times we had to discontinue tracking the deer due to trespassing issues.frustrating!!
26 times had to call of tracking because I decided that the deer wasn't hit hard enough to catch,high percent of those showed up on trail cameras,almost every time we had some form of proof we were tracking the right deer,blood,visual,ect...
11 times I called off the pursuit due to large rivers with swift currents,large lakes,vast deep dangerous swamps.
3 times I called it off due to danger,traffic,cliffs,ledges at night etc...
We ended the season with a streak of recoveries that I have never had before.
The streak started on Jan.29th and hasn't been broke yet so we will hopefully continue it next season if the hunting gods deam it,
Every track we went on from Jan,29th until the end of the season we recovered/put on the tail gate,"""17" """ in a row of those "" 17" " 13 of them had to be chased and bayed.
Again our deepest thanks
Mike,joyce,Lucy,Jake and Andy lopez

Last edited by Idahomike; 02/13/16 07:45 PM.

mike and lucy lopez
let us track your deer 24/7
we track for donations
No mandatory fee.
630-240-6394