I killed a three point this morning at 11:05 walking to the stand so now I'm doe hunting.
What makes it special is I killed it with the first rifle that I ever witnessed kill a deer 26 years ago. It is a Remington 7400 .270 topped with a Leupold vari - x lll. My Pawpaw owned this gun and took it on every single hunting trip we ever went on. He died 8 years ago and I have always left the gun just like he had it when he died until today. I decided to take it hunting and low and behold I see the little buck on my way in to my stand and I couldn't help but try and kill it with Pawpaws gun. I shoot him right behind the shoulder and he runs about 40 yards and falls. I killed that deer with an old Federal cartridge that he had loaded in the clip before he died. It's a wonder that thing even shot. If I can get Photobucket to cooperate I will post a picture of the little ol deer. It ain't much but it sure brought back alota old memories to me.

The day only got better. After I posted I was sitting in the stand and a big doe happened to wonder across the road I was watching so I shot her to. This was a first for me aswell. I had never taken more than One deer in a day. To top it all off as if the day could have gotten much better for me. I took a friend with me and he shot a one horned buck. We drove home with a truck load of deer.

Last edited by hayman; 02/06/16 04:56 PM.

“Everything Woke Turns To SH_T” Donald J. Trump