You didn't recover one that was hit in the ear... you caught up to it. If it was hit in the ear it was just going on with life right? I guess you could graze one and knock some hair off and recover it too? I can't say what I would do I wasn't there. I really ain't trying to stir stuff up. I am sure Mike and his dog deserve the bragging too. Just not sure I would have posted that. I ain't never hit one in the hoof, but I bet it ain't going to react like one hit in the boiler room. One hit in the ear surely isn't going to die from that. I sure don't want to waste one but I'd give one a break if it got lucky. Just all seems kind of odd to me. If I was a GW and knew all the details I just don't know what I would do. I guess that is what it boils down to.

"In time of war, send me all the Alabamians you can get, but in time of peace, for Lord's sake, send them to somebody else." General Edward H. Plummer

"Blessed are those who, in the face of death, think only about the front sight." Jeff Cooper