Originally Posted By: BrentM

Originally Posted By: odocoileus

Originally Posted By: trox28
Originally Posted By: BrentM
Is that a brand new Seven? I handled one at the turkey convention last winter and I like the way they feel better than the old ones

Noooo 97 model..Wood ones 03

Let us know how it shoots. If I believe that was the first year for the 260, and have heard some grumblings about how they wouldn't shoot due to inappropriate twists in the early rifles. I remember a friend of mine got one for Christmas in 97 or 98 and they never could get it to shoot.

It may not like 140's if it has a 10 twist, but I bet it will shoot 120 grain bullets just fine.

1/9 twist as is all model 7's..It shot the 140 core Lokts great!I have read a few things similar to what your saying on the earlier model 7's but have also read the initial problem was with the 244cal and was later fixed to the 1/9 twist and it was renamed the 6mm.That was before the model 7's were built and they had the problem fixed when they started building model7's.I'll say the only downfall to the gun at all (and its really not a problem cause the mod 7 wasn't designed as a target shooter) is after 3 back to back shots the groups open up a little cause the barrels heat pretty quick.They don't get ridiculous but they do open up.Still well within vital range of killing a deer but not near 1/2". I took two shots back to back on that buck above earlier and you can see the groups and that was 150+ yards.