Originally Posted By: codie
Originally Posted By: RonBuck
Yeah , I don't care if we put a bounty on em , poison em , hang em with treble hooks , have a redneck Yote huntin poker lottery, sucks for the average hunter to compete with the doe killer and the coyote . I know all places are not as bad , I look at the quality of hunting some of you have and it's 20 times better than what we have around here . we have a few deer but it's nothing like it should be .. Another thing is for someone who has hunted every year, the change is gradual you slowly notice the quality declining over time, and it may not dawn on you until its just not that enjoyable ., kinda like your ole lady slowly getting bigger and bigger over the years . I hunted 25 years ago as a kid no yotes around, deer abundant .. Skipped about 10 years of hunting,then hunted a few seasons in my early 20s, does being killed , yotes becoming common, 15 years later ,deer hunting not near as good , 2 does a day , yotes everywhere . I see the changes and we are not headed in the right direction, and I'm just looking into the future and trying to bring awareness to something that I think needs to be looked at. If 2000 people read this than maybe we are doing something .

I thought this place was created to discuss deer hunting. I'm on old fellow and got labeled as weird, by a fellow hunter name Trox. I've hunted all my life and don't know squat about him. I responded to the young fellow who was having a hard time harvesting his first deer and told him to try to get the wind his favor, but if he couldn't just hunt because the rut was probably in on his cousins twenty acres. You told the kid to give up to two weeks of hunting up and Trox gave him the same advice as you and threw something like don't listen to the new guy, he gave you lousy advice. I've been bowhunting 43 years and deer hunting 50. He most likely ain't been alive that long. Then I post this thread and he's the first responder, saing I'm weird. I attempt a discussion with him. I start off by discussing the history of the whitetail deer. Setting up the over harvest of does and was planning on following up with the creation of the predator pit theory. You have seen the responses. I get the feeling this Trox guy has a lot of friends here. This site may just be for good ole boys. Outsiders unwelcome.

Codie don't pay Tros any attention. He probably was in a bad mood due to fruit picking time is going to be delayed this year with all the rain we've had.

Proud Army and ALNG veteran
God Bless America!