When I was a kid I grew up across the road from my aunt and uncles chicken farm. I use to help pick up eggs all the time because the faster my older cousin got done with his chores, the faster he and I could take off and go fishing or riding horses or whatever other mischief we were getting into at the time. Back then the chicken houses weren’t as automated as they are now and you had to actually walk down through the houses gathering the eggs out of each nest….sometimes having to get them out from under a really pissed off old hen. After a while you had to learn how to just ignore them pecking your hands and do what you were there to do.

There were thousands of chickens in those houses and for the most part they were all just clucking around going about their business. It never failed though every time…..out of all those thousands of chickens, there was always a few roosters that seemed to not want to do anything other than run around with their neck feathers ruffled up causing a scene No sooner than you turned your back on them, one of them would run up and flog you on the back of the leg. If they weren’t doing that then they were squared off with each other cock fighting.

There’s several folks on here that remind me of those stray roosters that just wanted to run around looking for a cock fight all the time. It’s one of the things that really brings this forum down and keeps it from being a place where folks can freely share ideas and opinions. This Idahomike thread is a good example. Folks have asked that everyone let it go and move on…..and while Mike and I have actually already contacted one another outside of the forum, shared stories and pics, and have zero beef with one another as far as I’m concerned…..there’s still guys on here with no real clue about what’s going on that just want to cock fight with someone. I have no doubt that some of you guys will keep on for the rest of the season trying to make it out to be something it ain’t every time someone makes a post. That’s what’s really sad. I’m glad to see the ban hammer being swung more freely here lately cause this place could use a change in attitude. It's a lot easier to pick up eggs when there ain’t those few stray roosters that are just running around looking to flog someone.

That being said……I know some of you got to be layin ‘em down this morning. Maybe its just cause its been so crappy to this point but the weather feels awesome outside today. Hunting season is finally here. Woo! Hoooo!!!! smile

We dont rent pigs