Skyline is about the only place I have hunted for 3 years now. All other areas I've hunted (except TVA Guntersville) butt up against Skyline, including the club I joined this year. The last two seasons I was a ridge hunter and had no issue with spending a lot of physical energy getting to hard to reach places. I saw lots of deer and took 3 each season. If I had been a more experienced hunter I could have easily tripled that take.

This year is different. I see very few deer. I have hiked up to within 100 ft of the top of Little Coon ridge 3 or 4 times and I have seen only 5-6 deer all season. My knee is going out so I cannot justify that kind of effort any more this season since I've had no success.

Now, that being said, I've seen a huge amount of deer in that area on trail cameras at night. I don't doubt that the management practices are screwing the area up, in fact I fully agree that this is happening. BUT ... Part of the problem this season, in my opinion, is simply the danged warm weather. The danged lazy deer just ain't moving during the day

I don't want to pass quietly into the night. I want to slide in sideways kickin and screamin
Life really is awesome ... Soak it up while you can ...