CNC,

Ive talked with Mike on several occasions and can tell you this, he is a good guy with a wealth of knowledge on tracking. I realize that tracking in your area may be a sore subject, but Ill say this I have a dog that tracks, Ive taken off work several times to help track when I can. Im not retired and I like to hunt myself. Matter of fact I had a guy call me the evening I killed my buck and I told him that I was busy with my own track. He understood, heck I even gave him names of guys in my area. The fact is we all have lives with jobs and some of us have kids, and some have wives. But to be critical because Mike may come into your area and track is like getting mad cause a 150" buck wanders off your property and your neighbor kills it.

I think that all of the trackers are doing a good job. Not many people willing to drop what they are doing and go trudge through briars for a deer that they didnt shoot.

MIke isnt competing with anyone, he just loves to track like you and I and seems he has a lot more free time that both of us combined. If Mike was to come into my area and I was available Id tag along to learn a few things as well as help.

Just my two cents and not bashing you at all just saying.

It isn't necessary to see a good tackle...you can hear it.

Knute Rockne