Ok so I spent some time in a ladder stand today shooting a 3d target downhill at 20 yds and 30 yds. I didn't have a huge amount of time so I only sent 5 arrows at each distance. First I just took my normal shot, then I purposely contorted my body to be as upright as possible, even arching my back in the opposite direction of what has been prescribed. I did, however keep my sight picture aligned at all times regardless of the position of my body. All shots were tightly grouped and lethal. I will work on this some more when I have more time but I'm satisfied as of now with how I shoot from a stand. This will however, become a regular part of my practice from now on.

Here's a thought, and I'm really not trying to argue with people who have been doing this a lot longer than me, but is it possible that a lot of misses that are attributed to not bending at the waist are actually the result of something else, deer jumping at the sound of the string for example or buck fever or whatever. I still just don't seem to be able to comprehend how a properly sighted bow can send an arrow anywhere except where a properly aligned site picture tells it to.