Well I got lucky yesterday afternoon and killed this 8 point. I was hunting a green field for a change of scenery and to maybe kill a doe. Just so happen a spike came out and I watched him for 30 minutes. The spike all of a sudden jerked his head up and started looking back the way he come from. He knew something I didn't! About 2 minutes later I heard a lot of ruckus. Yep it was buck chasing a doe. She came out in the field and he stood on the edge for 5 minutes and didn't want to come out in the open. He was keeping his eyes on her. The 8 point looked at the spike like "Don't you look at my doe". Finally he walked out in the field and was 28 yards broad sided. He lower his head and went to eating and keeping his eye on the doe. I never stood up due to to many eyes looking around. When he lowered his head the second time I drew and let it fly. I hit low right behind the shoulder missed lungs and heart. He ran with his belly to the ground and tail tucked. I new it was a lethal hit. I set tight and watched the spike walk up there like yeah you better run. Well after 15 minutes the doe and spike walked off together.Lol. I climbed down went to the camp and eat to give him a little time and got some help. We tracked him 250 yards and he had bedded down 6 times before we found him in a pine thicket with huge briars. The moral of the story is you never know what you might see while hunting even if you don't have any confidence in the spot, but your not going to kill anything being lazy on the couch and just talking about hunting.

It is hard to kill or catch anything sitting on the couch!