Originally Posted By: Hogwild
The doe harvest has not adjusted to account for the radically reduced Fawn Recruitment Rates due to predation.

Coyotes, bobcats, bears, etc numbers are all on the rise. Their harvest is either protected or virtually non-existent due to fall of the fur/trapping market.

Fewer does raising fewer fawns is a bad thing....

I am with you on this 1000%. My take on it is the coyotes IN CERTAIN AREAS have really put a hurting on deer pops. As far as the adjusting doe harvest, it's coming. DCNR will research it to get facts. This takes time...years of data for a trend either up or down. Too slow for most of us who want instant results. I have 2 properties that the doe harvest needs to be stopped all together. We don't shoot does here at all and encourage others to not to also. Then I have 1 property where there doe harvest is OK where it is. All 3 properties are in the same county. Trying to throw a blanket over the whole state is what DCNR is facing. The only solution is hunter education which the state seems to count on by letting the people manage it themselves. But how do you educate hunters in masses??