Originally Posted By: LUMPY
Demp17 has a horseshoe so far up his rear end it take 3 JUGHEADs to pull it out.....

Lots and lots of truth in this ha ha

Honestly I have killed way more good bucks in December than I ever have in January, and it for the most part its just dumb luck. I have 6 deer on the wall 5 were December kills. I killed my first January wall hanger on Jan 16 last year. You aren't going to get much better advice from what 2Dogs said, he is the Chuck Norris of Jackson County big bucks.

I hunt the "hardest to get to places" I can find early on. Early season pressure seems to put deer in these areas, most places I go most folks wouldn't fathom hunting. I have no clue why I hunt with a rifle because most places I hunt are thick, steep, and just plain rough and one can only shoot 40-50 yards at best. I also due a lot of scouting early on and find these type places. And not so much now but I use to hunt a whole whole lot, more you are in the woods the better chance you have at killing one. Now I have kids and I hunt Illinois so busting my butt for 3 months to find a 135" Alabama deer aint no fun!

I found ol dagz by way of game cam, he lived in a pine forest jungle and used a cut in a bluff on top of a mountain to come in from feeding at night. I left that area alone and only hunted it twice. On 12/5/2011 he was late to his bedding area and came through about 15 minutes after daylight and I just so happen to be at the right place at the right time and shot him at 30 yards.

Last edited by demp17; 11/30/15 09:36 AM.

We are not perfect, only forgiven!!!