The land I hunt is bordered by a distant relative of mine who doesn't hunt much. Well yesterday evening he was in f on Nashville for his families thanksgiving. While I was at mine, stuffing my face, he apparently decide to do a little walking on his dad's property. He sat on a field and watched and deer came in and all the sudden BOOM! 4 point ran off and he followed. He ended up finding the deer, the poacher, his son, and the poacher's dad. He got their names etc. and the poacher said well I lease and hunt this land that borders yours. So my distant cousin went and called the Game Wardens and when they went back to the deer, they and the deer were gone. Crazy thing is when my cousin said the guy's name they already knew where he lives.....he got caught poaching another place 20 days ago! He has stands all alone the property lines facing my cousin's and our land but hey he leased that area so there is nothing to do about it and I really didn't care. So they got a $2,000 fine each, the poacher's dad got more because he did not have a AL hunting license. All rifle were confiscated and the main poacher may lose his job because it's very possible his security clearance at the Arsenal may be taken away because it's his second offense within 30 days. It's just weird because I've talked to the guy before. He seemed honest and a family man. The people he leases the land from that borders my cousin's are from Nashville too and he actually subleases it out to a couple other people so I thought that was a little sketchy but I'm not too mosey and try not to get in other people's business. They may face some jail time too but not sure. Anyways, glad to see him get caught and for all you guys that work at the Arsenal, his name is Joseph Conley (maybe Connley). I don't mind putting his name on here because he obviously doesn't mind poaching.

Last edited by Bamabucks14; 11/28/15 11:56 AM.

"Here, take this land mine and protect your property with it."
-Ron Swanson