Originally Posted By: crenshawco
Originally Posted By: yotetrapper

Originally Posted By: Turkey_neck
Originally Posted By: yotetrapper

Originally Posted By: Irishguy
Personally... I don't want a para-military police force. They are here to "protect and to serve." If a cop wants to play Rambo then he needs to join the appropriate branch of service.

X2 the US citizenry is plenty enough well armed to defend itself from ISIS

So while you are at work and ISIS takes your local school hostage you are going to go home, get your guns, your buddies and go to their rescue before they kill most everyone in the school. Okay, dang y'all are good!

Not to say you're wrong john but if the government wasn't pussified like it is now we wouldn't have these problems.

That's part of the Democrat plan of disarming the citizenry and further eroding their rights. The more authority police have, the easier it is to diminish the rights of citizens. There is no logical reason for local police forces in any municipality to be armed better than many countries across the globe. Cops aren't fighting any wars. That is not a part of their job.

They're not supposed to protect the citizens from those who wish to do Americans harm? I'm sorry, but you are wrong. Local police, SWAT, ect are a huge deterrent to terrorists, but the more equipment Big Ears takes away the less the enemy will fear.

Your response is exactly what terrorists want to happen in the countries they attack. They want the public to fear them to the point that they become dependent on the government to take care of them. They don't want us to enjoy the freedoms of doing what we want.

I'm of the opinion that American citizens should be able to take care of themselves, and in the rare instance they cannot, there are Federal agencies who can. Again, it is not part of local police's job description to fight enemies in battle type scenarios. There are specifically trained units and agencies for that.

Who said anything about taking freedoms away from citizens? And I am of the thought that I would rather local men(police) be able to protect my community than for the Feds to come in declaring Marshal law. Plus, how many armed military men/women do you see patrolling your community, how long do you think they take to arrive and start kicking taliban butt?

Don't you understand that our current enemies don't fight battles? They don't fight wars with front lines. They hit seemingly random targets and don't want to do battle, they just want to kill. Paris and the Beslan school attacks are perfect examples.

Jon Bartlett