Originally Posted By: 2Dogs
Originally Posted By: mman
If common sense ruled then we would take the regulations for what they say. 220-2-.157 was put in place to clarify Section 9-11-244 since it defines the "area".

So, if the bait is beyond 100 yards and is hidden by natural vegetation or natural terrain, then any legal deer you see can be killed since the rebuttable presumption is that the bait or feed is not a lure, attraction, or enticement. That is what the law says, if words have meaning.

If it was closer than 100 yards or not out of the line of sight, then it can be considered a lure, enticement, or attraction and thus illegal as per 9-11-244.

The bait or feed has the same attraction whether it can be seen or not. However, if it is beyond 100 yards and out of sight, the rebuttable presumption is that it is not a lure or attraction.

However, if you try to actually follow the law, as it is written, it seems that some Johnny Greenshorts may be prone to handing out tickets because you are pushing the boundaries.

JMHO.
My point has nothing to do with the " 100 yd/out of sight" reg. It's the fact of what 9-11-244 says, but DCNR has said ya can hunt over white salt, trophy rock, bush hogged corn and such. 49er was spot on that stuff , like it or not.

49er was dead on. He just lacked any tact in delivering his position. He needs to read, "how to wins friends and influence people"

The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
Job 33:4