Originally Posted By: jawbone
A couple of lessons for you young people on here that I bet Beadlescomb wishes he had known:

1. If you think you are having a catastrophic medical event, go to the ER. They will treat you and if you don't have insurance they will send you a bill. If you are honest, the hospital will then work out a payment plan with you. If you are dishonest, just ignore it like about half of the ER patients do and the rest of us will eventually pay it off for you. Of course this will put you in the bad credick category in the Burhead Jones commercial though.

2. You are never young enough to not need health insurance. If you can get it through a job, take that over a job with slightly higher pay. When it is needed, the insurance is gold.

Beadlescomb, I hope you are well and the abnormality is just an old concussion, which apparently looks similar on a CT scan, it confused the docs in my situation for a bit. Please do not think this post was aimed at you, but was aimed at all the young guys on here, that may find themselves in a similar situation one day. If it sounded like I was chastising you, I apologize, that was not my intent. Prayers for your situation.

I'm praying the OP is getting better!

Jawbone, you said what I was thinking. Health insurance is something that you CANNOT afford not to have. Young folks listen up. It's a gamble like any other insurance. And it sucks to pay for it but how I look at it is this way. If I don't have to use my health insurance, then I've had a blessed year.

You pay for auto, home, and hell, some folks have their freaking SxS and ATV's insured but don't have health insurance. They spend $200/month on cable and a phone but don't have health insurance.

Dr. B

AKA: “Dr. B”
Aldeer #121
8-3-2000
Proud alum of AUM, UAB, and UA
Member of Team 10 Point
2023-2024 ALdeer Deer Contest Winners

Glennis Jerome "Jerry" Harris
1938-2017
UGA Class of 1960
BS/MS Forestry
LTJG, USNR