Originally Posted By: Simpleman
I am thankful that JWC kept after this and got a wrong righted.
I am also very thankful that new legal precedence seems to be in effect for night hunting. It has been very messed up in this state for a while now with virtually no evidence needed other than a GW's word.
Back when the spotlight laws changed, I know of a guy convicted of night hunting and all they did was turn around on a dirt road at night, this caused the headlights (no spotlight) to illuminate deer in a field and they had a rifle in the truck with them. The GW said they were hunting (no shot fired).
Just like the thre boys situation, this could be applied to almost everyone of us on this forum each time we go hunting. Has the Supreme Court ruling changed the law now to require more evidence from the State in these type cases now?

About 30 years ago I had a cousin that was in his old car turn around on a dirt road and his headlights cast a beam across a field. He had his hunting rifle with him, with a clip in but nothing in the chamber. He was ticketed for hunting at night and found guilty. He was found guilty for two reasons, 1. he was a known outlaw, and 2. he was absolutely hunting. That was the only way his sorry butt could kill a deer.

Examples like these just demonstrate why common sense coupled with the proper and wise use of discretion that is afforded to LEOs is so important.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.