Originally Posted By: jbatey1

Originally Posted By: RoadRN
Please DON'T soak your foot until you've seen a doctor who can determine how beneficial/detrimental the soak would be. And go get a tetanus shot. Tetanus is no fun.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/tetanus/basics/definition/con-20021956

The MD will likely want to put you on an oral broad spectrum antibiotic to prevent infection. This is a good thing. This is what you want. Hunting with a prosthetic leg will most likely be far less enjoyable than what you are currently able to enjoy.

It doesn't look bad but I can't put any weight on it and My toes are stiff to move. Will any normal Dr office be able to give me a tetanus shot? I'll make a visit tomorrow a.m.

If you can't bear weight, you definitely need to be seen asap. It will likely vary from office to office, but if you have an urgent care office close by, they should be able to fix you up. If you don't have access to an urgent care clinic, you can always go to the ER. I know they'll have what you need. In my experience, ER seems to be less crowded mid morning. So you might be able to go right on back. If you don't have a regular MD, now would be a good time to get established with one.