Recently discovered that by creating a Google Earth map by drawing in property lines you can have them show up on your phone, via a Google Earth app, in relation to your current position.

1) Draw your property on your computer using Google Earth. I color code lines and areas to make them more discernible.

2) Place all relevant drawings in a folder under 'Places' on the left hand side of the Google Earth program. Create the folder by simply right clicking and naming a new folder, then drag all of your drawings into the folder. These will all be in a .kmz format.

3) Email yourself the folder by clicking on the email button on the Google Earth toolbar. First make sure the newly created folder is highlighted/selected by clicking on it. Select the option to email 'Selected Placemark/Folder'. I have access to my email on my phone where I can then open the file folder using the Google Earth App.

4) Your lines and areas will appear on your Google Earth App. If you are in the area you can then click on the pointer/arrow in the bottom left of the screen and it will show you where you are in relation to the lines you created.

The better cell service you have the more accurate your blue dot (you location) will appear in relation to the lines and areas.

I won't be relying on this entirely due to cell service but it can definitely help out.

GO NOLES!!