Just my personal opinion but I don't believe allowing WMA's to have hunts outside of state season is going to improve hunting. I think if the word gets out that this is happening it could be a dangerous event. I know many people who are already scared to go on WMA hunts because of the amount of people that attend. The opening season hunt on Black Warrior is already probably the most or one of the most hunted AL public land hunts in the state. You now open it a week early and its the only place to hunt in the state unless taking a youth and the numbers could be double or more than the usual number. I understand that the reason for this is the early rut that takes place but are you really going to get to experience hunting the rut if there are 1000-2000 people walking around in the woods? Should make for a good deer drive though. The numbers already aren't great on Black Warrior so its not like they need to add more hunts to control the population.

That being said I hope it goes well and who knows the numbers may be on par for any other hunt they have especially this being the first year. I'm sure as always there will be some good deer killed. I just don't see it really improving the hunting.