Drove up to Marion County after work today to get ready for the fall. Planted my first ever plots 3 weeks ago so I was excited to check on them. Checked the trail cams. Put fertilizer on some of the beans. Put out 36 pounds of Milorganite on both plots to help keep deer off them for a couple more weeks. Cut some privet down for a spot for a ground blind. Blasted a couple shots at a crow (apparently Turkey loads shoot crooked). I knew does should be dropping fawns about now so I took the Ruger American (.308) and the FoxPro to the 1 acre plot. I was literally drenched in sweat. Wearing carharts and a camo Tshirt. Put the call along with a Mojo critter decoy in the middle of the soybeans and climbed into the ladder stand. Set the call to a fawn in distress on a low setting as soon as I got seated and had the gun loaded. Let run for 5 minutes. Turned it off for two. Turned it back on at about 80 or 90% for a few minutes then back so low that I couldn't hear it. Had her come out on the opposite side of the field at about 100 yards. She started to circle the call and came within about 50 yards from me.

Point being, sometimes you just gotta give it a shot and not overthink scent, etc.