Originally Posted By: mw2015
Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher
Thanks for the replies. I've been looking at a 6x16 that is pretty rough, but he's asking just $625. The tires and wheels are all junk. It has 14, 15 and 16" tires on it, and every wheel is a different type. It would do the job, but it scares me to look at it. With wheels like that, I wonder what else might be wrong with it .

Be careful with different size and type tires. Had a problem with a Big Tex single axle with different tire and load. Eventually caused odd tire wear. Took to trailer place and had to replace with 2 of same tires. Also watch the bolt pattern. Apparently I had an non standard pattern that I would have to order a spare online as opposed to standard bolt pattern where you could find a spare in stock at a store.

Yep...standard trailer bolt pattern is 5x4.5 (ford pattern). You can find trailer wheels and tires anywhere with that pattern. My 20ft had 5x4.75. It's a small chevy pattern. But I had a tough time finding 14" rims for the things. I had 3 14"'s and one 15" so I wanted them all the same size. I ended up buying some 80's model El Camino 14" rims..with beauty rings for it. I get alot of "compliments" on my bling trailer rims. LOL

Also, I wouldn't pay $625 for a trailer that looked rough and needed tires. You'll be $400+ in wheels/tires and then you may/or may not...need to work on the trailer. You should be able to find a nice 6x16 trailer for $1000 needing nothing and be in good shape.