Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
The Franchi Affinity is a unique bargain. It's made on the same assembly line as the Benelli M2's from the same quality parts. The difference being the location of the recoil spring, the stock, and the price.
It is the best deal going on new/recently produced shotguns. No doubt about it. We owned one (compact) for a good while that my son killed a bunch of doves with. I eventually made him choose between it and a 26" barreled Beretta 303 that I procured at a good deal. He eventually reached the same conclusion that I did with inertia guns....they have noticeably more kick vs. a good gas gun and aren't as conducive to getting back on target after firing and also that they are SO lightweight that they are whippy when swinging them (granted our was a 24" barreled version though which adds to that dynamic) vs. the smoother swing of the heavier Beretta. If I had to choose one shotgun to do everything I do with shotguns, it would be Benelli or Franchi hands down because extra weight is OUT for me tromping through the mountains turkey hunting. However, I just can't use a gun with a regular stock while turkey hunting. I've got to have a pistol grip because my right wrist has been broken and keeping it at a weird angle while waiting on a turkey to arrive kills me. Hence, I keep a dedicated pump gun for turkey hunting and a Beretta for most of my wing shooting. It all just depends upon what the person prefers/needs. You can't go wrong with an Italian made Beretta/Benelli/Franchi though. I love em and won't ever own anything else after owning Brownings, Stoegers, Remingtons, and Mossberg autos at one time as well.

Last edited by JUGHEAD; 07/30/15 07:22 AM.

"The only reason I shoot a 3.5" shell for turkeys is because they don't make a 4" one." - t123winters